Ever in your life, do you wish to travel like the royals did? Have you wanted to explore the enchanting beauty of India while relishing in the royal hospitality? Then the Palace on Wheels should be your call. This luxury train takes you on a royal journey of Rajasthan. It will take you through some of the most culturally rich places in the country. In the 8 days of the journey, you will get the opportunity to delight in the lavish hospitality and soak in the rich cultural diversity. During the journey, you can experience the regal extravagance while the train navigates across the popular cities of Rajasthan.
Here are the destinations covered by the Palace on Wheels train:
After the traditional welcome, the train journey starts from the national capital, Delhi. It is the perfect blend of history and contemporary. Home to an array of historical sites including UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Delhi becomes one of the undisputed highlights of the country. Historical monuments including Red Fort, India Gate, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Jantar Mantar, Lotus Temple, and Humayun’s Tomb makes Delhi a treasure trove of rich heritage.
Jaipur is one of the iconic cities of Rajasthan. It will transport you to the glorious Rajput era and leave you spellbound with its opulence. The city is dotted with architectural marvels, which certainly makes it a magical destination. During the Palace on Wheels tour, you will explore the eminent historical structures and also get opportunities to sneak peek into the Rajputana architecture, history, and traditions of the bygone era.
- Royal welcome with garland and folk dance at the railway station.
- Traditional elephant ride at Amer Fort.
- Savor lunch in the boutique restaurant in the Amer Fort.
- The sightseeing tour includes St. Albert Museum, Jantar Mantar, City Palace, and others.
- Photo stop at Hawa Mahal.
- Enjoy shopping at the local market.
Sawai Madhopur houses one of the largest and most popular national parks in India – Ranthambore National Park. It is a famous tiger reserve, which is home to some of the exotic wildlife species including Tigers, Panthers, Sloth bears, Marsh crocodiles, Indian leopard, striped hyena, and numerous birds. The national park is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. The Palace on Wheels itinerary takes you to the tiger reserve to spot the animals, birds, and explore the popular attractions of the national park.
- Embark on a jungle safari inside Ranthambore National Park.
- Spot exotic species of flora and fauna.
- The sightseeing tour includes Ranthambore Fort and Padam Talao.
- Enjoy bird watching from the fort.
Located on the bank of River Gambhiri and Berach, Chittorgarh is the erstwhile capital of the Sisodia Dynasty of Mewar. During the royal journey of Palace on Wheels, you will arrive in Chittorgarh on the third day of the tour. This is the land of immortal folklore of Rajputana bravery, sacrifice, chivalry, and romance. The tale of courage and heroism can be heard in every nook and corner of the city. Chittorgarh’s most prized possession is its mighty and majestic fort. This architectural splendor depicts its glorious past.
- Relish the sunset view from Chittorgarh Fort.
- Attend a famous light and sound show at the fort.
During the luxury train Palace on Wheels tour, you will arrive in Udaipur on the fourth day of the trip. This beautiful city is surrounded by Aravalli Hills and renowned as ‘Jewel of Mewar’ owing to its charm. With its unmatched setting, Udaipur is inarguably the most romantic destination in India. Boasting about lavish palaces that have been converted to heritage hotels, majestic forts, and towering temples, Udaipur is popular among families and couples. The breathtaking architecture is the reflection of rich Rajasthani culture and sheer opulence.
- The sightseeing tour includes City Palace, Saheliyon ki Bari, Jag Mandir, Crystal Gallery,
- Savor royal lunch at majestic Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel.
- Visit the local market for shopping and cultural photography.
- Enjoy a traditional boat ride at Lake Pichola.
- Sip on the tea amidst the lush greenery of Jag Mandir.
Arrive Jaisalmer on the 5th day of the luxurious Palace on Wheels journey. Land of bounteous golden dunes, Jaisalmer is situated amidst the Thar Desert. The sightseeing tour covers some of the eminent sights of the city and also offers opportunities to witness the cultural performances while having dinner. Climb on the Camel saddle, make your way through the desert, and exploring the enchanting beauty of Jaisalmer is an unforgettable experience.
- The city sightseeing tour includes Gadisar Lake, Patwon ki Haveli, and Nathmalji ki Haveli.
- Indulge in City heritage walk.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Jaisalmer Fort.
- Camel ride at Sam Sand Dunes.
- Savor authentic Rajasthani cuisines and enjoy live cultural performances while having dinner at Gorbandh Palace Hotel.
Jodhpur boasts of an architectural masterpiece and it is a spectacular paradise. The city is painted in the shades of blue, due to which it is renowned as ‘Blue City’. Palace on Wheels arrives in Jodhpur on the 6th day of the tour. You will be able to delight in the cultural beauty and rich heritage of this amazing city. You will cover the unique destinations and bask in the essence of the local culture of Jodhpur.
- Sightseeing tour covers Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, and Jaswant Thada.
Savor the lip-smacking traditional cuisines during lunch at Hanwant Mahal Boutique Restaurant.
Bharatpur is popular for a bird sanctuary, which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On the 7th day of the tour, you will arrive at Bharatpur during the early hours. This region attracts a large number of migratory birds such as Siberian Crane, kingfishers, partridges, owl, songbirds, storks, herons, and geese. Some of the birds migrate here to different parts of the world. Here, you will indulge in bird watching and spot some of the exotic species of birds during the rickshaw safari in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary.
- Enjoy an early morning safari in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary.
- Visit the sunrise viewpoint and click some good pictures.
- Enjoy shopping at the gift centre, which is situated at the entrance of the sanctuary.
Agra is the last tourist destination during the tour of the Palace on Wheels. Home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World and UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Agra has a rich legacy of the Mughal Empire. During the tour, you will get the opportunity to sneak peek into the architectural history and rich heritage of the bygone era. The exploration includes the tour to iconic monuments and a visit to popular street markets of Agra to buy souvenirs.
- A guided trip to the architectural marvels of the city including the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort.
- Lunch will be served at ITC Mughal Hotel.
- Enjoy shopping in small and medium stores. You can buy marble replicas of the Taj Mahal, handicrafts, silk items, Persian carpets, and sweets.
So, are you all set to explore these picturesque places during a luxurious train journey on Palace on Wheels? We know, after reading this blog the unbound magnificence of this lavish train entices you. The thought of traveling in spacious deluxe cabins with attached bathrooms, personal butler, scrumptious meals, and a lavish journey will not let you sit back. Plan your royal tour and spend a few days like royalty.
Must Things to Do While Travelling with Palace on Wheels
Celebrate Christmas and New Year with Palace on Wheels Train
What is the Ticket Price of Palace on Wheels
5 Things you did not know about the Palace on Wheels