Palace on Wheels is one of the top ten luxury Indian trains that was rolled out with the aim offering tourist with a unique enthusiasm. It is a luxury draped in royalty that allows one to experience style, aura, hospitality, comfort high-on luxury, royal charms along with the great dining venues of the bygone years. This luxury hotel on wheels is the winner of the PATA Gold award and is voted as the 4th best luxury train in the world. In a zigzag move the train traverses the sand dunes, lakes, historic places, mountains and hidden forest lands.
The splendid journey of 8 days and 7 nights covers the vivid and awe-inspiring destinations of colorful Rajasthan. This train testifies the true Rajput lifestyle of the royal Maharajas. The essence of this odyssey lies in its presentation of a grand picture of incredible India.
The train provides for multi-cuisine restaurants, luxury cabin, well stocked bar, a library, relaxing sitting lounge, and individually designed saloons with attached bathroom, two dining cars, tranquil rejuvenation car (Spa), wall to wall carpeting and lot more to fancy its guests on-board.
Every new voyage of the luxury caravan is meticulously crafted with delicacy and luxury painting a fresh picture of the kingdoms of Rajput in front of the eyes of its guests. The intricate details on each of its carriage presents before its guests a different and unique picture of regal Rajasthan in different carriages.
Here’s All That’s New on the Palace on Wheels:
To provide new looks and to continue with the glory, the world famous Palace on Wheels is going for under a refurbishment for the following items:
- All the saloon carpets are being changed to add a fresh look keeping the old world charm intact.
- The sheer and saloons curtains along with the pelmets are being changed.
- The public area of the train comprising of Bar car, Restaurant cars, the Maharaja and Maharani carpets and curtain are to undergo a change along with the elegant furniture.
- The saloons toilets are being refurbished by the modern sanitary fittings, elegant mirror along with beautiful tiles.
- Change in the tapestry of all saloons sofa and bar sofa.
- The melamine polishing in the entire train will be redone to make it look new on every voyage.
- The ornate paintings on the ceiling of the saloons are also to undergo some changes.
- Both the kitchens of train are being appointed with modern day equipment to cater to the unending needs of its guests.
Keeping up with the comforts it offers to its guests the central tables of all saloons, bedside tables along with the table rakes are being replaced. The non A/c areas of the train are being renovated by replacing dirt mats and curtains along with introducing five star quality linen and cosmetics.