Palace on Wheels is the last name in the luxury on the go. The special train is equipped with all the services and amenities that are imaginable. The train mixes traditional with the modern. The art décor speaks of the regal past of the royal Rajasthan while the state-of-the-art amenities are marked by modern affluence and exuberance. Carved furniture, splendid paintings and elegant handicrafts are something that will transport you in the splendid past of Rajasthan. The costume of the attendant staff and period furnishings make up the traditional ambiance.
Take a look the facilities available on board palace on wheels – A Luxury train of India.
- Fourteen fully air conditioned deluxe salons, each a combination of Four twin bedded chambers.
- The Palace on wheels chambers with channel music, intercom, attached toilets, running hot and cold water, shower, wall to wall carpeting and other world class amenities.
- Each cabin is personally attended to by a Khidmatgar (personal attendants) to take care of any need or request of the guests.
- Each cabin named after former princely states of Rajputana reverberate with the aesthetics of yore offering a vista to the royal past and the splendor regal living.
- All saloon has cream yellow color on its exterior walls and bear the Coat of Arms (logo) of the erstwhile princely states, along with the their name.
Meals on Board palace on wheels India:
- The Palace on Wheels has two elegantly appointed restaurants named Maharaja and Maharani .
- The restaurants Pow (Maharaja and Maharani) has An exotic array of dishes to choose from – Continental, Chinese, Indian and Rajasthani cuisines are available on The Palace On Wheels.
- The Packed Mineral water is made available for guest of POW all through the journey.
Shopping on Board POW :
- Certain handicrafts and other special items made in Rajasthan can be bought from State Govt. owned Emporia while you visit the destination covered by the Train.
The Royal Background of the Palace on Wheels :
- Palace on Wheels facilities also include the well stocked bar that serves fine wines, liquors and liqueurs to the guests in its inviting ambiance.
- This relaxing bar has an impressive collection of domestic as well as international blends and malts.
- The Bar of POW includes Impressive collection of books in its library, this bar is an ideal place to unwind and relax.
Spa on Board Palace on Wheels Train:
- A pampering spa saloon is the recent addition in this luxury train with a variety of therapeutic massages on offer to relax and rejuvenate the guests on board .
- The Expert therapists offer specialized services to the guests, both therapeutic and beauty treatments.
Other facilities of Place on wheels:
- Indoor Games like Chess, Playing Cards, Chinese Checkers, Carrom Board and Crossword Puzzles are available on POW.
- A Mail box is provided on board, for posting your mail.
- Medical Aid available on Board the train and First Aid is available on the train whereas a doctor can be arranged just a call away.
- Newspaper and Magazines are Also available for you.
- The POW is a No-smoking train.However, if you wish to smoke, please contact your Khidmatgar for guidance.
- Complimentary arrival kit with stationary items, brochures and cards etc.
- Camel safari in the sand dunes of Jaisalmer.
- Jungle safari in Ranthambore National Park.
- Wheel chairs, crèches, and special attendants for disabled.
- The ATM and Satellite Phone facility shall soon be available for the Guests on board the train.